Russetid på Kolbotn :)

Russetid på Kolbotn :)

Oslo, Norge

Weather Underground PWS IOSLOOSL24

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fwd: Thank You (The Standard Reply from Rep. William Delahunt)

I occasionally send letter to my legislature.  Sen Kerry never replies, Kennedy has aids reply in his name (very well done, Sen. Kennedy.  I understand you're busy and commend you having aids send a reply), and Delahunt sends me this, every single time.

I just wanted to share.  Don't be discouraged from contacting your representatives about issues that are important to you!  Even if he or she never hears from you have to say directly, his or her aids will read it and occasionally report back to him or her about what their constituents are saying.  Occasionally, a particularly good letter may be presented to your representative directly.

Don't give in to apathy!  The youth of Iran, who are the fast majority, gave in to apathy and look what happened?  They just continue to be overpowered by the extreme religious elite of their society.  If they would stop their underground parties and start their above ground demonstrations they would overwealm their government and get exactly what they want - democracy, a more pro-western foreign policy, and a more free domestic economy and social life.

Conservatives are the majority in America - they just don't know that they're conservative.  Nice speeches and good intentions make the people think that liberalism is ok and they have no chance of fighting big government so they might as well go with the flow and try to get something for themselves, but if they realised that their conservative opinions were in the majority and weren't so stupid or backward thinking, we would have a more free country and be way less in debt.

From Bergen, Hordaland, Norge,

Christopher D. Osborn

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Delahunt, William <William.Delahunt@mail.house.gov>
Date: Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 8:59 AM
Subject: Thank You
To: "Christopher (Fipher) D. Osborn" <mvfipher@gmail.com>


 

                                                                              

 

 

 

 

Thank you for your message!

 

As your Representative in Congress, I encourage you to contact me regularly on issues that are of concern to you.  

 

As you can imagine, I receive thousands of e-mail messages every week…and that doesn't include the junk e-mails that we all find annoying.  Because of this, I am only able to respond to constituents of the Tenth District.  While I can't reply to every message, I will do my best to get back to you by regular mail.  Therefore, it is important that we have your postal address.  Depending on the message, a phone number can be very helpful too.  If we do not already have this information, please feel free to send me a follow-up message.

 

In the meantime, I encourage you to visit my website at http://www.house.gov/delahunt and to register to receive "What's Coming Up," my weekly electronic newsletter. Please click here to sign up. 

 

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. Keep in touch.

 

Sincerely,

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: