Russetid på Kolbotn :)

Russetid på Kolbotn :)

Oslo, Norge

Weather Underground PWS IOSLOOSL24

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Big Changes

You might notice a couple changes to the blog. Who am I kidding, you've probably never been here before and never will again. I'm sorry, that's not true, a few people in my family might check it every once in a while.

Anyway, the first change you should notice is the change to the name of the blog from Fipher.net to Min Sannhet. I've made this change because I've decided to slowly shed the name Fipher from my life. It will never go away completely. Anyone who has always known me as Fipher can continue to do so, but I won't be using it myself so much. It part of my past now, a past that had good and bad moments, but still thew past. I'm married and trying to move to Norge (Norway) and become more in touch with my inner self. It's time to move forward.

So, the blog is now titled Min Sannhet, Nosk (Norwegian) meaning My Truth.

Another couple of changes to the blog may seem superficial, but they really aren't. The first change I made was add a big banner linking to Free Rice, the online Vocabulary game where you improve your vocab while donated rice to the U.N. World Food Programme. Below is a great video about it.



The last change to the blog is the banner in the "Quote of the Unnamed Time Period" block. I made the change because Ron Paul no longer has any chance of winning the 2008 presidential election, however, his new book, The Revolution: A Manifesto has finally come out, and I would like as many people to read it as possible. Besides wanting others to read it, I'd like to read it myself. Anyone willing to get me a copy will be rewarded handsomely with a big warm hug.

Here's a video related to the book.



Now, how can I be a supporter of the WFP, a United Nations programme, while at the same time be a strong supporter of Ron Paul? Well, me not helping the WFP is not going to make it go away. Also, as far as government agencies go, the WFP does pretty good. They're not just giving away food. Granted, they're doing a lot of that, but a huge part of it is teaching people how to fish, rather than just giving them fish. The WFP is designed to not be a permanent organization feeding the poor and keeping them poor, and so while I'd rather it be funded by volunteer donations than tax money from various governments around the world, I can still be supportive of their mission. Besides, playing the Free Rice game doesn't cost me anything. Pluss, Free Rice doesn't just give the WFP more money to pay with and perhaps waste. Instead, they buy rice and give it to the WFP to distribute where their experts think it's needed.

The last change is not to the site, but to me. I'll be leaving for Boston some time during the second week of May. Orbitz.com is acting up so I haven't bought the tickets, but the plan is for me to stay from the ides of May to almost the ides of September. The reason is UDI gave us a no for my request for a family immigration living and working permit, and the appeal process can last "many many months" so I'm heading back where I can work.

Unfortunately Lisa won't be comming with me because her school doesn't end 'till June, starts back up in early August, and pay here is much better on average. So she'll stay in Bergen going to school and working for Helsebutikken, I'll go to the Vineyard working for MVSB, and we won't see each other for about 4 months. Oh well, that's the way life goes sometimes. We've just got to work through it and find the lessons to learn. There's now flashy video I can post about that, is there?

No comments: